Use of handheld Raman instruments has rapidly revolutionized the ability to quickly screen suspicious powders, tablets and liquids.
Fielding analysis capability with the front-line inspectors
• Gives capability to identify chemical substances directly to the user with the qualitative method to search for drugs.
• Reduces the time it takes to make a decision, such as whether or not to clear a shipment, seize goods, or arrest someone
• Helps to maximize the flow of goods and people.
Leveraging the Serstech 100 Indicator in combination with ChemDash – Chemical Intelligence Solutions Software for data sharing, you can track the movement of drugs across borders. Cooperate with colleagues and other stakeholders, take decisions and facilitate actions. You get all this:
Extract from a case study, using Chemical Intelligence
Superintendent K is a senior investigator in the drug enforcement division of the national crime agency. The Serstech 100 Indicator is very useful for this investigation. Not only can the device examine pills and tablets to identify specific illegal or hazardous substances, it collects a Raman spectra of what it is examining. By shining a laser onto the suspected item, the unique collection of light that is scattered back from the substance – the Raman scattering effect – acts as a unique fingerprint for identification of the constituents of a pill or tablet. A tablet in a nightclub, for example, is rarely or never 100% pure MDMA. It is a combination of MDMA, inert ingredients used to “cut” the product, contaminants, impurities, and other things. The Raman spectra is a fingerprint. In effect, the Raman “fingerprint” of an MDMA tablet is really like five or ten fingerprints on top of each other. The specific blend in a specific tablet will have its own unique signature, different than one made in a different lab with different ingredients.
Phone: +46 46 255 112
Ideon Science Park
Sölvegatan 43, SE-223 70 Lund
Copyright Serstech AB 2017
Sign up here
News, events, promotions, stay informed!
- Serstech ranked 28th out of 500 companies in Europe 21 December, 2017
- Serstech top five in “Sweden Technology Fast 50” 15 November, 2017
- Serstech is nominated to Sweden Technology Fast 50, 2017. 26 October, 2017
- Serstech’s partner ST Japan presented the Indicator at the JASIS show 3 October, 2017
- Join us at Milipol Paris, 21-24 November 2017 – Save your free VIP pass 28 September, 2017