How can law enforcement fight against drug distribution when the global narcotic traffic keeps increasing?
First, they need the right tools to identify illicit drugs.
Fielding analysis capability with the front-line inspectors
• Gives capability to identify chemical substances directly to the user with the qualitative method to search for drugs.
• Reduces the time it takes to make a decision, such as whether or not to clear a shipment, seize goods, or arrest someone.
• Helps to maximize the flow of goods and people.
Use of handheld Raman instruments has rapidly revolutionized the ability to quickly screen suspicious powders, tablets and liquids. Straight forward colors and symbols, can be used by anyone.
Straight forward colors and symbols, can be used by anyone.
Leveraging the Serstech 100 Indicator in combination with ChemDash – Chemical Intelligence Solutions Software for data sharing, you can track the movement of drugs across borders. Cooperate with colleagues and other stakeholders, take decisions and facilitate actions. You get all this:
Extract from a case study, using Chemical Intelligence
Superintendent K is a senior investigator in the drug enforcement division of the national crime agency. The Serstech 100 Indicator is very useful for this investigation. Not only can the device examine pills and tablets to identify specific illegal or hazardous substances, it collects a Raman spectra of what it is examining. By shining a laser onto the suspected item, the unique collection of light that is scattered back from the substance – the Raman scattering effect – acts as a unique fingerprint for identification of the constituents of a pill or tablet. A tablet in a nightclub, for example, is rarely or never 100% pure MDMA. It is a combination of MDMA, inert ingredients used to “cut” the product, contaminants, impurities, and other things. The Raman spectra is a fingerprint. In effect, the Raman “fingerprint” of an MDMA tablet is really like five or ten fingerprints on top of each other. The specific blend in a specific tablet will have its own unique signature, different than one made in a different lab with different ingredients.
Phone: +46 46 255 112
Ideon Science Park
Sölvegatan 43, SE-223 70 Lund
Copyright Serstech AB 2018
Chemical intelligence solutions
Log in partner
Sign up here
News, events, promotions, stay informed!
- Serstech is part of this year’s Sweden Technology Fast 50 31 October, 2018
- SERSTECH AB: Serstech receives 1 MSEK order from OEM partner 7 September, 2018
- SERSTECH AB: New VP Strategic Alliances and Management Acquisition of 400.000 Shares 29 August, 2018
- SERSTECH AB: Serstech receives 1.2 MSEK order from OEM partner 24 August, 2018
- SERSTECH AB: Serstech terminates agreement and renews its position in South-East Asia 20 August, 2018